Friday, October 31, 2008

clay day

My son wanted to do pottery for a long time,
somehow we have never managed it though.
Yesterday we had invited a friend of my son
to play with clay, as we finally bought 10 kg
clay!

playing with clay
My son's creations (more photos).

First I only assisted them, when they needed
me. With toothpick, chopstick and cutlery they
made each 5 things. First some flat work, then
sculpturing and at last they even made mugs
(my son's friend decided to turn it into a bowl :)).

After they almost finished, I couldn't resist
any longer - my fingers were itching ^_^
Starting with no plan what to make, I finished
with a portrait of a woman. She won't be the
last of her art, I guess. It was so nice to start
sculpturing again after over 6-years break.

playing with clay

10 comments:

jealousydesign said...

I Love working in clay, I did allot when I was study in art school and after that I didnt use it for many years but last winter I started taking a class again. It is SO fun!
Lovely to see how you playing togheter with your son and the work looks so lovely

ixela said...

ohhhh Devi your clay creation is adorable... love it so much... you have to go on with this art!!!

... and what a lovely idea to play with clay with your son and his friend!!!

Meltem said...

Devi you are very talented woman! Woooaw I love portrait, beautiful work!
And it must be very enjoyable way to play with son !

Mitsy / ArtMind said...

It's beautiful, Devi! YOu're a talented woman! :)

Apol said...

beautiful work, devi!

Anonymous said...

You are so multitalented!

kraplap said...

oh this looks gorgeous Devi ! I envy you that your hands can make such beautiful things

Greet said...

oooh, so beautifull Devi, you're a real talented lady!!!!

treasurefield said...

She's beautiful and I love her hair! Will you fire and glaze this kind of clay? I've only ever worked with polymer clay, but I know what you mean about sculpting. There's nothing else like it! (If only I could make portraits so well!)

glasfaden said...

Thank you, for your kind comments, girls!

I'll let her fire, Alisa, but not sure about glazing though. I love the rough feeling of the clay. It's more natural for the skin, I think. Looking at your paintings and polymer creations, I'm pretty sure, you can do it as well. Try it and please show me the results! :)