whole evening. No time for Etsy or surfing - which
an unusual habit ^_^ I'm on some larger project.
I want to knit a sweater for my boy and a whole
outfit for myself. I really hope, that I'll finish them
this time - that's the reason why I knitted till 3am
the last days. I have to use the energy as long
as I'm excited about it ;)
The outfit for myself is not really tangible at the
moment, so I started with knitting some patterns
with the yarn I want to use to see the effect.

Then I started to knit the first idea that came first.
This is a wrist warmer I've knitted without any
instruction. So I hope I still remember, how I did
it to make the pair of it ;) The color is a color I've
never worn before (oh, except once - but it was
a shirt my mom actually bought for my sister),
but as I saw the wool, I really love it and I think,
it suits the gray wool very well.

At this end I've tried to crochet a kind-of scallop
pattern (again my free-style ;)), but too bad it's
curling too, so that it's rather invisible.

I've knitted the whole evening, that I didn't even
realize, it was snowing outside. So, I was quite
surprise to see the new snow this morning.

I love this kind of winter (not looking forward
to shovel the snow next week, if it kept on snowing
like this, though)! It's the winter I used to during
my study time in the Black Forest.
Another goal this morning: to finish painting the
wall yellow in my son's room.
8 comments:
Ooohh, it seems lovely!
I don't know which yarn you used for the wrist warmers, but if it has enough wool on it, you could try blocking them take the curling away..
If it's acrylic, blocking wont work..
I miss knitting for myself..! *sigh*
nanouke
Beautiful, Glas! I wish I could knit like you, I really like the pattern you use.
Looks like you are on a roll! Keep the flow and who knows what beauties appear from your hands!
Sounds like a good plan, to keep going as long as the fire is there. It's what I always need to do as well. ;) Looking forward to seeing the finished sweater!
pretty wrist warmer !!
Busy, busy!! The wrist warmer look pretty cool! Love the snow scenery!!
Have fun!!
BrownBunnybyIris
Ohh, I'm SO jealous, I would love to know how to knit and buy some of those yummy yarns on Etsy! Well done on the wristwarmers, I like it that they are slightly curly at the end! :)
Thank you for your kind words, girls!
Nanouke, it's 100% merino wool. I don't like acryl or poly except in sockwool ;) I will convo you - need to know, how to get that curls away.
Art, don't be jealous. You'll soon have a kiln and I will be jealous of you ;)
Post a Comment