Wednesday, March 11, 2009

uncluttering

Do you also having this clutter problem? Do you know, that
you can see how is your mind and soul by looking at the
floor at your home (read it in Rita Pohle's book years ago)?
My floor needs uncluttering badly - at some corner I can't
see the floor anymore!! Imagine, how my mind & soul look
like... *cough* or better not!
So, I've browsed about uncluttering to help me get started.
Even if I know the basic principles, I need some motivations
and a good guide to follow.

light and shadow

I thought, knowing my own weakness is always helpful to
be more aware the next time. These are some of them:
1. I found out, that I've been trying to climb a glass hill with
socks and gloves on. What a funny image, but not fun in real
life though - it's rather frustrating.
2. After reading this I know, I've been putting the wrong
focus while doing my daily homework. I saw that homework
like cleaning and uncluttering as a burden. I often didn't see
the result, which would help me get more motivated.
3. I'm easily got disrupted by every little change. My life is
full of changes, starting with the time schedule about the
presents and absence of my boy in my day life (I still cannot
get use to it). I'll need to reprise this advice often.

reflection

So starting today I'll take another chance to un-/declutter
my home (and my mind & soul hopefully) with the baby
steps: unclutter a small spot a day :)

BTW Leo's post is right up my alley - I've thought often
about the same thing, but am often too convenient to be
honest. But hey, I've decided not to have a dishwasher nor
a microwave and I always make my own Spaetzle (and ice
cream lately) - so there's a hope, I think ;) My next goal is
to use my bicycle more often rather than taking the bus.
Big challenge!! This is a hard thing to do for me, as I've first
started to learn riding a bike at the age of 12 and only had
little chance to practice it - one of the disadvantages of living
in the big city. So, I'd still prefer to walk than to ride a bike
actually...

Oh, and maybe I'll also manage to do more sport? I start with
this today :)

2 comments:

X by Leina Neima said...

Beautiful and inspiring...

..and i have a surprise for you:

http://xbyleinaneima.blogspot.com/2009/03/kreativ-blogger-award.html

Erin said...

oh gosh. If your floor reflects your mind and soul - mine's smattered with kitty litter and the occasional loose bead.

I sense I (and my floor) could use some work.