Each of us will bring a flower for her. So, today I cut
my first flowers from my own garden. A peony and a
rose (there were two roses on the branch that I've cut,
as the plant got it's care cut at the same time ;)). I've
read, that peonies are best cut as a bud, when they are
still close, but the color is already to be seen. They then
will stay longer fresh in the vase. Well, I hope it's true.
Btw she was the first one, who has 'inspected' my new
home right after I've signed the contract and encouraged
me, that it's good to have a garden (I was a bit in doubt)
and she's right! :)

Yesterday we made some fresh lemon curd again. My
son and his friend have prepared the ingredients and
I was the one, who stirred it ;) The jar - covered with a
piece of fabric (a piece from the time, when I've learned
patchworking 8 or 7 years ago) and decorated with an
illustrated tag and a glass bead - is perfect as a gift.
So these are the two things which I'll give my friend as
her birthday present today :)
No comments:
Post a Comment