Thursday, October 15, 2009

mixing

The last two days I've been mixing colors of my glass.
The difficulty of mixing glass (at least as an unexperienced
person as I am) is that you can't see the result immediately
like mixing watercolors. And sometimes glass changes
it's color depending on the heat, so even if you can see
the color of the glass rod, you'll never know, how it
comes out as a bead. Very tricky!
On top of that I'm a creative chaotic person, so the
result of my experiment is random. If I'm succeeded,
then it would be some kind of one-of-a-kind color ;)

I have some color combos for my Trifiori necklace in
mind, for which I e.g. don't have the right teal ready.
So, I tried to mix it myself. On the first day I got
dark blue with a hint of green (the darkest one you see
on the photo) instead. Yesterday I got hm.. how should
I call it.. dark mint? It's the flower bead on the middle.
The color I have in mind should be a bit more blue than
this. Somewhere between the three colors on the front
left triangle. I'll continue mixing on Saturday.

flowers

Speaking of flower.. the choir will have a tiny gig on the
celebration of the Constance in Flowers tomorrow night.
Four songs. I'm looking forward to it. Since I missed the
choir session last Monday because of the parents-teacher
meeting at school, it feels like I haven't been singing for
ages..

I'm wishing you a Happy Weekend now, as I won't be
online tomorrow. Ah, maybe tomorrow morning...
I hope, I'll be able to grab a TWest tomorrow morning.
Another thing to look forward to ^_^ Jetty - one of my
fave photographers on Etsy -, has listed two new prints
in her shop today. I tell you, I have two sketches ready
with her caterpillar - SO inspiring, yes!! It'll be hard to
pick one of them, as I just made one on the main T this
early morning.
(edit: I did it - just in case you're curious ;))

Anyway.. have a great weekend, my friends!

2 comments:

l'actrice said...

Have fun with your gig tomorrow Devi:-)
If you want to listen to my 2 new songs. You'll find them here:
http://www.irisartist.com/acressphotos/All_songs/songs.html
Didn't you always tell me to sing:-)
Have fun with mixing the colors. Looking really good. Happy weekend:-)

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your session, Devi sweet. Have a happy weekend too! *hugs*