Saturday, May 17, 2008

wheel of life

My father has always told me, that life is like
a wheel. Sometimes you are on the up-side and
sometimes on the down-side. He's SO right!

I was a lucky girl the last months - my up-side :)
I've won a cute glass pendant on Indigoluna's
blog post 'One World, One Heart Giveaway',
my treasuries were often on Etsy homepage,
my items were up there several times too and
I've won the drawing on HeliS' blog and got the
cute naughty girls pouch. What a lucky duck
I was!! ^_^

lucky duck's treasures :)
pendant by Indigoluna & pouch by HeliS

But now I'm on the down-side, I guess...
My MOO stickers turned out not as I've expected,
but it was my own fault, since I forgot to put a
background, so that they print the pics on black
background *sigh* My new leather cords are
pretty, but smell like fish!! So, don't know what
to do with them - maybe anything but jewelry
making. Another supplier delivered only half of
my order. And my new shoes, which I've bought
online too, is pretty on the front and very
comfortable, but it has a failure on the back (call
me a perfectionist, but a lonely hole is a hole) and
clicked if I walk, as if I'm walking on a bubble
wrap. I'll surely attract attentions of other people
for my walk rhythm :P

I can understand the feeling of people, who gave
other sellers negative feedbacks, better now - that
shouldn't lead me to do the same though ;) I just
feel so helpless and disappointed somehow. Asking
why they make the failure is like pointing at them
and judging them too. I did it - try to do it the soft
way, but the bad feelings remains... *sigh* Hope
they find solutions of the problems, that I can
happily be their returning customers again.

Oh my... why complaining? I still have my up-side,
for which I'm really grateful and happy!! My shop
is selling well lately. I've got two returning
customers (I agree with others, that returning
customers are the best compliments of one's work)
and I've seen some more customers are hearting
my new items. I'm a hopeless optimist, but the
hearts they give are already making me happy :)

So you see... always look on the bright side of life!
E.g. how lucky I was to find the real green berries ;)

the real green berries ;)

12 comments:

Amy said...

I love this posting, Devi! It's so honest and true. I can totally relate. You have mostly good experiences...and then you have just a few, well, not so good ones, and they can really bring you down. What cool treasures, you've won! I hope you find a solution for your squeaky shoes and fish-smelling cord :) :) Sending you hugs from across the ocean!

Mitsy / ArtMind said...

It sounds a bit like seven fat years and seven skinny years to mee, only for you it's in weeks I guess! ;)
I heart you, Devi! This is a beautiful blog entry - gave me goosebump and I feel like a lucky duck too now! :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post! A perfect Ying Yang! That's what life is about.

Kreativlink said...

Yeah... live is like a roller coaster sometimes. Hope it's going up soon for you again! :)

X by Leina Neima said...

Dear devi, my bad English cant describe the feelings I got... this post was.. honest and touchy. I send you some positive vibes and believe me, the sun will shine soon...

Greet said...

Indeed, touchy blogpost, Devi,
and that's how life is: ups and downs. I have that with my kids: sometimes they really drive me crazy, other times I am so happy and lucky with them. And that's so hard in bringing up children: one day they realize that life is not just love and peace.
But everything turns out right in a way.
I think I am such a customer that will return (when my bank account is filled up a bit) ;-)))

ixela said...

A great post Devi and a wonderful final thought!!!

StaroftheEast said...

That is what I always say: life has it's ups and downs! When you are in a down period we must remember that the up will follow soon :) Beautiful blogpost, just like a diary :)

ixela said...

Hey Devi, I have given you an award... please check my blog to see what it is :)
xo
Ale

Sugarloaf said...

You have much more "ups" than "down"! I understand your feeling re: the neg feedback. I feel the same way too. But maybe by leaving a neg it will help avoid someone else from getting disappointed with their purchase. :)

Capree said...

I hope things turn up for you again soon! I love your work and you have such a positive, genuine vibe that shows through in your writing. Here's to good things!

Heli said...

Life....hard and sweet ): :)

Thanks for mentioning my pouch. I hope you have some use for it :)