Monday, February 23, 2009

search and found

I was browsing Ebay and Etsy for 60s and 70s
style objects the whole day yesterday (yep,
instead of going to the carnival procession ^_^).
So my soul was wandering back through the
houses in my past life last (short) night - the
first house of my parents, my grandparent's
house, my parents' newer house. My heart is
still stuck to those houses.

So it was hard to stand up instead of catching
memories. But I remember, treasury was going
to open on about 10 a.m. CET so I did - just to
find out, Etsy is down for maintenance. Aww..
totally forgot that!! But then, I have time to
post some links I've found last week :)

I always wonder, how 'strangers' found their way
to my blog. Cause sometimes it got a lot of views
from all around the world - from places I haven't
heard before also. So I scanned Blogger, if there
is a place, where you can see new posts, but I
could only found the ticker, if I logged out! Weird,
isn't it?

I didn't give up and somehow I've found Blogger
Play
. How fun! These blogs have made me book-
marked them to share them with you:
- Thot Kinji - an amazing blog of a gastronom,
who seems to spezialized in mukimono. I don't
understand a word in his blog (ok, a few, if I really,
really concentrate and guess ;)), but the photos
alone look so tempting.
- Slam Blogsma - the blog of the illustrator Sam
Bosma
- Antoño - a fresh blog of an illustrator. I couldn't
find out, who he really is though.
- Dust. Before The rain. - the fresh blog of
the Romania's dust artist Nicolae Comanescu.
Here's an interview with the artist on CafeBabel.

I want to show you another link, which I didn't
find through BloggerPlay, but through Apartment
Therapy
: Yulia Brodskaya, a very talented paper
artist and designer. Her quilling work is stunning!!
I first met quilling as art in a book, which my
father has bought long time ago. It has amazed
me ever since. But the work of Yulia Brodskaya
amazed me even more, since she combine
typographie with quilling. Just go to her site.
I'm sure, you'll be amazed too :)

3 comments:

Sigmosaics said...

wow, very cool thing to do! I think they are all amazing but i-d have to say I was 'wowed' the most by the first one! I mean, how on earth do they do it? it looks perfect!

p.s do we really share the same middle name??

StaroftheEast said...

Wow you have been busy surfing :)

l'actrice said...

Hi Devi! I love apartment therapy!