Friday, April 22, 2011

a disaster

Three days ago I was about to finish a post about the
illustration I made for the project One Thousand Wishes
after I saw it listed in the shop. I wanted to write about
my inspiration - the shoots I showed you in my last post.

oops!
wrongly titled "nasturtium" - oops!

I was writing, when my thoughts wandered to the seeds
I had in my pots now and also to the plants I grew nine
years ago. Some of the seeds I use are that old and to my
luck most of them grow! I was comparing the shape and
colors of the different shoots, when I suddenly got the
feeling, I might mixed something up.

It was so funny to watch the red roots coming out of the
seed and lifted it in the air. It looked like a little brown
monster with three red legs :) When the empty capsule
was then fell off, there come three lovely shoots. The
leaves look particularly similar to the coriander sprouts
leaves. Only the red stem make the difference (it's been
a long time since I grown my own red chard - I wonder,
if the shoot looks similar..).

[ from my dropped post ]


I quickly looked up in the paper bags, where I keep my seeds,
and double-checked it on Google. Aargh - I indeed made a
mistake! A BIG one, since I only realized it two days after Ali
listed it in the shop :( What a disaster!!

mangold - tag 5

I made a new illustration right on that day - with the right
title this time (not in the shop yet, as far as I knew, so check
the shop often, if you are interested. Well I hope, it will be
listed after this disaster). While I made the first one out of
my memories, the details in the second one was based more
on observation. I'm learning from my mistake...


***


I collected the buds of the chives for cooking this morning
and while the rice was cooking, I couldn't resist to style them
for a photo.

before
chive bud circle

after
chive bud circle

Didn't took the time to make a photo of the dish (fried wild
rice with carrot, chive buds and scrambled egg), because
we had to hurry with lunch. My son had to catch the bus.


***


Happy Easter, friends!

1 comment:

JK said...

Happy easter monday, Dewi. Such a lovely arrangement.