Ash Wednesday in Konstanz (and some part
of South Germany). It's a dialect, which means
'dirty Thursday'. It's the start of the street
carnival (you can read about the carnival in
Konstanz on my post of last year). So yesterday
was a busy day for my boy and me.
My boy and some other kids on his day-care
will take part on the wagon competition. They
had to finish making their costume and wagon
yesterday. I was busy making some 'mini
krapfen' (jam filled doughnuts), so that he can
take them to school for the party before they'll
be 'freed'. I've tried to make them last year,
but I failed - the dough didn't rise well and I
didn't use enough oil to fry them, so they were
not really 'well-done' inside. But it seems I've
learned from the past - this time I succeed!! :)

Filled with self-made lingonberry-raspberry jam
- a product of my creative cooking. I didn't weigh
the lingonberry before I started, so it was not
enough and I had to add what I had in the freeze
and that was raspberry ;)
Oh, BTW don't worry, that I've been posting
about food twice in a row - this blog won't turn
into a food blog ;)

I've also made my boy a felted vest last night,
as I was (and still am) afraid, that he's cold in
costume. It's very, very cold outside!! Don't
have the picture of it, but made a picture as I
just dappled the wool with soap water - it
looked like a landscape.

Now I have to look for a 'creative costume'
myself - that means: I don't have any costume,
so I have to improvise ;)
Ho Narro!
5 comments:
What busy times!
Those look yummy!
I wonder what that blue landscape has become! :)
Yummy! Want! :)
Narri Narro from the other side of the lake. Would love to have some of your krapfen!
They look so delicious and tempting with jam inside of them! :)
Post a Comment